Author Topic: Stationary pad applied on ingest isn't updated when selected snapshot is changed  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Hi,

I've just discovered something that other users should possibly be made aware of - or maybe I'm just too stupid to be using PM!  :D

A few months ago I made changes to all my IPTC stationary pad snapshots (removed old contact address) and thought nothing more of it. I've just discovered that all my images have still had the old incorrect information added.

This appears to be through adding an IPTC Stationary Pad on ingest. Unfortunately despite changing my 'ingest' stationary pad snapshot, the changes were not implemented during subsequent ingests. You have to go back to the 'Ingest...' dialogue and reselect the desired stationary.

This behaviour may be obvious to others, but I missed it.

Hope that all makes some kind of vague sense.

Cheers,
Tony

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Hi Tony,

This seems to work fine for me. Have you perhaps used a snapshot for the ingest? Those snapshots do include the local IPTC stationary pad content and if you haven't rebuild your ingest snapshot with the new info, that would explain the fact you keep getting the old info.

Simply open the ingest dialogue, open its IPTC stationary, change the address data there and save the ingest snapshot again.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl