Author Topic: Arrange By Capture Time Not Working Properly  (Read 3400 times)

Offline chellyroo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Arrange By Capture Time Not Working Properly
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
I have a collection of wedding photos that consists of images from my camera as primary shooter & images from my 2nd shooters camera. I made sure our date/time was synced before the wedding. I've opened the edited collection in Photo Mechanic & chosen Capture Time as the filter to arrange them all by, but it has my images first followed by the 2nd shooters images instead of integrating all the images & putting them in capture time order. Any ideas why?

Sorry here's the info you need: I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.9 and I run Mac OS X 10.8.3 on my Intel-based Mac.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:25:32 PM by chellyroo »

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Arrange By Capture Time Not Working Properly
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »
I made sure our date/time was synced before the wedding. I've opened the edited collection in Photo Mechanic & chosen Capture Time as the filter to arrange them all by, but it has my images first followed by the 2nd shooters images instead of integrating all the images & putting them in capture time order. Any ideas why?

Hi chellyroo. I'm sorry that you're running into trouble here. Can I ask if you've verified by looking at the actual capture times of the files from both cameras to make sure the sync worked? (Including Year and including AM vs PM)   You can check this in the Info pane of the preview window (⌘-R) for each file.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »
Strange, this has always worked for me. Are you sure the capture times are correct, including the date?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
I should also point out that on the off-chance the capture times from one of the cameras turned out to be wrong, like was accidentally AM instead of PM or the wrong year, that you can select all the photos from that camera and choose Tools > Adjust Capture Dates and Times and use the "Adjust Relative" section  to fix them all at one time.  Then you can get back to editing that wedding. Good luck!

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Command_Summary#Tools_menu
Mick O
Camera Bits