Author Topic: Execute AppleScript before/after Upload  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Execute AppleScript before/after Upload
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »
Hey Kirk,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to set Apple Scripts to be executed before starting (with customizable delay in seconds between execution and upload starting) and after finishing an upload?

In my case, I need to connect to a VPN before FTP'ing photos to the paper. Sometimes I forget to connect before hitting send and other times I forget to disconnect after sending. With AppleScripts I could have PM connect and then disconnect after successful upload automatically.

Not a huge timesaver, but it would be cool to have.

Thanks!
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Execute AppleScript before/after Upload
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »
Kevin,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to set Apple Scripts to be executed before starting (with customizable delay in seconds between execution and upload starting) and after finishing an upload?

In my case, I need to connect to a VPN before FTP'ing photos to the paper. Sometimes I forget to connect before hitting send and other times I forget to disconnect after sending. With AppleScripts I could have PM connect and then disconnect after successful upload automatically.

Not a huge timesaver, but it would be cool to have.

I'm sure it's possible (Mac-only), though I don't know if we would implement something that specific.  Perhaps something to call out a shell script (which could call out to the AppleScript) instead.

-Kirk