Author Topic: Ingesting from an MTP device  (Read 1611 times)

Offline dcormier

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesting from an MTP device
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:26:33 AM »
I'm using Windows 8 Pro x64 and Photo Mechanic 5 (build 13915). I have a Canon 5D Mk III with the latest firmware (1.2.1).

In the past, I have simply plugged the camera into the computer using USB and ingested directly. Now, I'm unable to do that. Photo Mechanic doesn't give me the option under the Ingest Disks selection. Attempting to select the image folder on the camera through the Ingest Folders selection results in no folders being added to the list.

Other programs (EOS Utility, Windows' own import feature) still give me the option to download images from the camera, but it's annoying to have to do that, then ingest them with Photo Mechanic.

Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingesting from an MTP device
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
I'm using Windows 8 Pro x64 and Photo Mechanic 5 (build 13915). I have a Canon 5D Mk III with the latest firmware (1.2.1).

In the past, I have simply plugged the camera into the computer using USB and ingested directly. Now, I'm unable to do that. Photo Mechanic doesn't give me the option under the Ingest Disks selection. Attempting to select the image folder on the camera through the Ingest Folders selection results in no folders being added to the list.

Other programs (EOS Utility, Windows' own import feature) still give me the option to download images from the camera, but it's annoying to have to do that, then ingest them with Photo Mechanic.

Use a dedicated USB card reader.  Photo Mechanic does not support MTP devices or anything else that needs a shell extension to access files.

-Kirk