Author Topic: Additional actions for Live Ingest  (Read 3100 times)

Offline saklotz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Additional actions for Live Ingest
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
I really like the Live Ingest function of PM. It is fast. There are multiple actions that can be performed during PM's live ingesting of photos being added to the monitored folder; i.e. rename files, add IPTC metadata to the file, etc. I would like to have an additional action available that permits uploading the file, to say Zenfolio, as it is copied to the destination folder. Is this possible? When I am shooting tethered in the field, I can have my tablet running Canon Utility and PM, automatically ingest the photos transferred from the camera to the tablet, create the destination directory on the tablet with renamed files containing the IPTC data, and these same files uploaded to my Zenfolio account. At the end of the event, I can enjoy dinner and a beer while reviewing photos on the tablet and on the Zenfolio website and discussing with my editor which photos to post on the magazine's website. The only thing I have to be careful of is the status of the various batteries involved, since I am not wired to anything while at the event.

If anyone on the Forum would like to offer a solution for this task that is already available in some fashion, then I am all ears.  If not, then I hope that the gurus at Camera Bits can take this feature request into consideration.

Cheers!

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Additional actions for Live Ingest
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:37 AM »
Steve,

I really like the Live Ingest function of PM. It is fast. There are multiple actions that can be performed during PM's live ingesting of photos being added to the monitored folder; i.e. rename files, add IPTC metadata to the file, etc. I would like to have an additional action available that permits uploading the file, to say Zenfolio, as it is copied to the destination folder. Is this possible? When I am shooting tethered in the field, I can have my tablet running Canon Utility and PM, automatically ingest the photos transferred from the camera to the tablet, create the destination directory on the tablet with renamed files containing the IPTC data, and these same files uploaded to my Zenfolio account. At the end of the event, I can enjoy dinner and a beer while reviewing photos on the tablet and on the Zenfolio website and discussing with my editor which photos to post on the magazine's website. The only thing I have to be careful of is the status of the various batteries involved, since I am not wired to anything while at the event.

If anyone on the Forum would like to offer a solution for this task that is already available in some fashion, then I am all ears.  If not, then I hope that the gurus at Camera Bits can take this feature request into consideration.

Having PM do an upload during Live Ingest is a logical progression but isn't something we can work on right now.  Higher priority tasks need to be finished first.

-Kirk