Author Topic: remove keywords in bulk?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
remove keywords in bulk?
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:23:42 PM »
I made a mistake and added the wrong keywords to a whole bunch of images.  I know which images they are and I can select them, but I can't see any way to remove the keywords from those images?

Also, a side note... I was trying to search these forums for any issues like this and was unable to find anything. The search terms I used were remove keywords and remove keyword, etc.  The search results were empty. Can that be correct?  Am I the only one who's ever typed REMOVE and KEYWORD in the same post?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:25:18 PM by jjlists123 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: remove keywords in bulk?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:04:22 PM »
I made a mistake and added the wrong keywords to a whole bunch of images.  I know which images they are and I can select them, but I can't see any way to remove the keywords from those images?

You can use the IPTC Stationery Pad to clear them out.  Just apply an empty Keywords field (don't apply anything else) and make sure that the 'Append' checkbox next to the 'Apply' checkbox is clear.  Then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your selected images.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:02:19 AM »
jjlists123, the only solution now would be to follow Kirk's advise.  This, however, removes all your keywords, perhaps also the ones you'd like to keep.  Currently there is no alternative within PM though.

I'm sure that with the implementation of the "catalogue" function in  PM this will be possible more easily.  But that version is still in the making.

If you want, you can accomplish the same thing with Lightroom, you could download a test version and use the 30 day trial period to test this.  Be sure to sync the XMP/IPTC within PM after you've updated the info in LR (and set the preferences to XMP sidecar first, followed by Embedded XMP, and Embedded IPTC).

Cheers
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
This is a three year old post, but I didn't find anything newer. It was implied that perhaps in the future, and the future is now :-), there might be a way to do this. I would like to remove keywords from several images at once, but don't want to remove all the keywords. Is it possible to do quickly?

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
This is a three year old post, but I didn't find anything newer. It was implied that perhaps in the future, and the future is now :-), there might be a way to do this. I would like to remove keywords from several images at once, but don't want to remove all the keywords. Is it possible to do quickly?

Haha, oh nevermind, I found it  ;D ::)
In case anyone else is searching for this it's under Edit -> Find & Replace, shortcut key shift-cmd-f.

Thanks anyway!

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
I just had a similar problem, I have a wrong keyword in all my images but the other keywords have been applied correctly to all images (each photo has different keywords assigned).
Maybe the keyword panel could get an option to remove a selected keyword (set) from all images selected.

But I think the find and replace will solve my problem...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com