Author Topic: How to open multiple files in Camera RAW - Canon  (Read 20177 times)

Offline rfalckphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to open multiple files in Camera RAW - Canon
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
Hi,
I am new to PM and couldn't find this in any of the tutorial videos.
I want to select multiple images and open them in Photoshop camera RAW. (for color correcting)

What currently happens now:
- I have Photoshop as my selected application that opens RAW files
-When I select one image it opens camera RAW and I can color correct it fine.

But, when I select multiple images and select "Edit Selected photos" it does not show me all in camera RAW, it only opens the first one.

*** If I select multiple images in Bridge and open them in CR then it will give me a strip of images that I can color correct and even synchronize them.  That is the screen that I want to see.

Thanks for the help.
Roberto

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to open multiple files in Camera RAW - Canon
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »
Roberto,

Have you set Photoshop as your CR2 editor specifically or are you setting it as your default editor?

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Launching_Preferences

Use the "Assign Specific Application to File Type" ‘Set...’ button and set Photoshop as your CR2 Canon RAW editor.  Then when you have a multiple selection, right-click on one of the selected photos and choose 'Edit Photos with' and then choose Photoshop from the sub-menu.  All of the images should appear in a thumb strip in the ACR plugin where you can then bulk apply your adjustments or work on them individually.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jknotzke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to open multiple files in Camera RAW - Canon
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »

Select the photos you want to edit, drag and drop them onto PS.

That's the only way I could get this to work.

J