Author Topic: Select Time Range (different than date range)  (Read 5625 times)

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Select Time Range (different than date range)
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

It would be nice to see the "select date range" feature expanded to include a time range.

I'm thinking two things-> The current feature only goes by date, but not specific time. Plenty of use to most people, but I can conceive of moments when people would like more control (for example, if looking at photos taken for a stop motion animation, where an animator might take thousands of frames in a few hours- or if an event photographer is manning the finish line of a marathon, and wants to find the people who crossed the finish line between 3:15 and 3:46pm

But the feature that I really could have used a few days ago was a "select by time of day" feature independent of date... As in "find all of the photos taken between 8pm and 3am", so if browsing a large contact sheet of many days worth of images, you could find all of the night shots, or midday images, or sunrises, etc.

thanks as always!
-jj

Offline robtography_ca

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Select Time Range (different than date range)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
I second this suggestion.  Please consider expanding 'Edit / Select Date Range' to include time.  If you're a sports photographer shooting many games on the same day, such as during a tournament, being able to quickly isolate images by date & timestamp is valuable.  For example, everything shot between 7/25 0900-1000 is from match #1, 1001-1100 is from match #2, etc.  Thanks, Rob