Author Topic: Live Ingest issue?  (Read 3256 times)

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest issue?
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »
I'm sure I've seen this discussed before, but can't find it in the search...

So, running PM 5 latest update on Windows 10.

I've got my camera tethered to the laptop and files successfully transferring into folder:

C:\Users\swes\Pictures\2017\1_D5_Uploads\{0DBF5F80-5079-11E7-99C0-BC85E6CE9D1A}\DCIM\135NC_D5

I set up and run Live Ingest to take the images from this folder and move them to the desired folder that I have open in PM:

C:\Users\swes\Pictures\2017\England v SA IT20  21-6-17

The photos arrive in the transfer folder, are moved to the destination folder by Live Ingest but I can't see the photos in my already open window in PM.  If I close the PM window showing images in the folder and re-open it, the photos are there.  So I am assuming there is a refresh issue here.

Have I done something wrong in my setup?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
I'm sure I've seen this discussed before, but can't find it in the search...

So, running PM 5 latest update on Windows 10.

I've got my camera tethered to the laptop and files successfully transferring into folder:

C:\Users\swes\Pictures\2017\1_D5_Uploads\{0DBF5F80-5079-11E7-99C0-BC85E6CE9D1A}\DCIM\135NC_D5

I set up and run Live Ingest to take the images from this folder and move them to the desired folder that I have open in PM:

C:\Users\swes\Pictures\2017\England v SA IT20  21-6-17

The photos arrive in the transfer folder, are moved to the destination folder by Live Ingest but I can't see the photos in my already open window in PM.  If I close the PM window showing images in the folder and re-open it, the photos are there.  So I am assuming there is a refresh issue here.

Have I done something wrong in my setup?

Unless you direct Live Ingest to open Contact Sheets for you, it isn't going to inform manually opened Contact Sheets to rescan.  If you really don't want Live Ingest to open them for you then you'll have to force a rescan from time to time.  View->Rescan (Ctrl-/) will do that.

-Kirk

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
Thanks Kirk,  So if I've already got the contact sheet open and I want to see new photos in it as I upload from the camera, I have to manually rescan to see them using "ctrl \"?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
Thanks Kirk,  So if I've already got the contact sheet open and I want to see new photos in it as I upload from the camera, I have to manually rescan to see them using "ctrl \"?

Yes, or simply set Live Ingest to open the contact sheets for you.  Then they will automatically refresh.

-Kirk