Author Topic: two time FTP setting wipeout  (Read 1564 times)

Offline lgbillman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
two time FTP setting wipeout
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:51:41 PM »
I downloaded PM 5 back in September, 2012 to use on my new Macbook Pro Retina display.  After I did that, things went fine for nine months until about two weeks ago.  I opened the program and found that it was requiring my license code again, which had never happened during the 9 months of successful use.  I found the license code, started it up, and  all of my ftp settings for multiple accounts were simply gone.  Blank.  I panicked, re-started, and they were still gone.  I spent about 2 hours hunting them out, finding the passwords, etc. and re-installed all of the ftp info.  Everything went along fine through the week;  I don't believe I even turned the computer off during that time, but did close out PM.  Today, when I went to open it, I was again asked for the license code, which I put in again, thinking this can't be good.  And indeed it wasn't good - all of the FTP settings and complicated saved ingest codes for a number of clients are again blank.  Fortunately, last week I made a list of all of those settings, but I do NOT want to have to re-enter everything for every account and ftp connection every time I open the program.  What's going on????  have I done something stupid?  Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks!
Leslie

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: two time FTP setting wipeout
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »
Leslie,

I downloaded PM 5 back in September, 2012 to use on my new Macbook Pro Retina display.  After I did that, things went fine for nine months until about two weeks ago.  I opened the program and found that it was requiring my license code again, which had never happened during the 9 months of successful use.  I found the license code, started it up, and  all of my ftp settings for multiple accounts were simply gone.  Blank.  I panicked, re-started, and they were still gone.  I spent about 2 hours hunting them out, finding the passwords, etc. and re-installed all of the ftp info.  Everything went along fine through the week;  I don't believe I even turned the computer off during that time, but did close out PM.  Today, when I went to open it, I was again asked for the license code, which I put in again, thinking this can't be good.  And indeed it wasn't good - all of the FTP settings and complicated saved ingest codes for a number of clients are again blank.  Fortunately, last week I made a list of all of those settings, but I do NOT want to have to re-enter everything for every account and ftp connection every time I open the program.  What's going on????  have I done something stupid?  Anyone else have this problem?

Are you somehow backing up and restoring your Preferences directory with old backups?  All of the data you've described is stored in your Preferences directory.  Are you perhaps logging into different accounts on your computer?

-Kirk

Offline lgbillman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:30 AM »
I only have the one account to log into on the computer.  That's not the problem.  I had saved the ingest settings with a name and that is gone too.  Now what?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »
Now what?

Hi Leslie,

This sounds like it might need a little bit more digging to resolve your issue.  Kirk is out for today.   You might try contacting our support team directly via phone or email if you need resolution before the weekend.  http://www.camerabits.com/support/

Hopefully we can get you going.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits