Author Topic: Cannot Color Class Images  (Read 1514 times)

Offline melissavossler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cannot Color Class Images
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:04:32 PM »
Opened Photo Mechanice this morning to sort my images like I always do. Only today, the images will not let me color code them. Not via keyboard shortcuts OR the pulldown menu. HELP!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cannot Color Class Images
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
Melissa,

Opened Photo Mechanice this morning to sort my images like I always do. Only today, the images will not let me color code them. Not via keyboard shortcuts OR the pulldown menu. HELP!

Please see this post and provide as much information about your issue:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

I would also like to know where your images are stored: are you editing on a hard drive, a server, or directly on your camera card?

-Kirk

Offline melissavossler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »
Photo Mechanic 5, build 13915
Mac OSX 10.7.5, Intel Based

Images are on a 1TB external hard drive. Some of the images are now saying "Unsupported Variant Type" - is there a problem with my external?

Images I try to mark on my local hard drive are color coded just fine.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »
Melissa,

Photo Mechanic 5, build 13915
Mac OSX 10.7.5, Intel Based

Images are on a 1TB external hard drive. Some of the images are now saying "Unsupported Variant Type" - is there a problem with my external?

Images I try to mark on my local hard drive are color coded just fine.

I think you may be experiencing drive failure.  Stop using the drive until you can check it with the Disk Utility application.  You can find the Disk Utility app by going to your Applications folder and then into the Utilities folder.  Run the Disk Utility, and find your external drive in the list of drives on your computer (left pane).  Select it and click on the 'Verify Disk' button.  Watch for any errors that may appear.  You may be able to then run a 'Repair Disk' operation and if successful, put the drive back in service.

-Kirk