Author Topic: Ingest and keyword in place  (Read 3730 times)

Offline devanski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest and keyword in place
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
I am just starting to use PM. I have 1000's of photos in various appropriately named folders. I want to ingest and keyword  the photos and have the photos stay in my current folders. How can I not have PM make a new folder when I ingest one of the folders?

I am using PM 5 build 13158 on Windows 7x64

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest and keyword in place
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:23 AM »
I am just starting to use PM. I have 1000's of photos in various appropriately named folders. I want to ingest and keyword  the photos and have the photos stay in my current folders. How can I not have PM make a new folder when I ingest one of the folders?

I am using PM 5 build 13158 on Windows 7x64

You don't need to Ingest.  Just browse the folders, select the images, and keyword them in-place.  Ingest is for downloading images off of cards or to transfer images from one drive to another (Ingest folders option.)  If you want to apply keywords in bulk, use the IPTC Stationery Pad, the Keywords panel, or the Structured Keywords panel (for hierarchical keywords.)

And please update to the latest build of PM5.  Your build is nearly a year old.  There have been a number of improvements and bug fixes since your build was made.

http://www.camerabits.com/downloads/

-Kirk

Offline devanski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:31:24 AM »
OK. Thanks

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:13:29 AM »
Hi,
A very useful feature of PM is the possibility one has of opening several folders in the same "contact sheet". This way you can easily rename, tag, rate, delete, apply metadata, etc.
HTH,

-Luiz Muzzi