Author Topic: Transferring selections from PM to Lightroom  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Airborne2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transferring selections from PM to Lightroom
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:46:08 AM »
Using:
PM V5 build 13915 (a16ea99 ??)Demo version
Light Room V4.4
Camera RAW 7.4

I am in the process of evaluating PM V5 and am trying to understand the process of selecting images in PM and transferring them to my editor for modification.

I looked through the preferences to assign the editor that I use (LR4.4) but the only reference I could find was to Photoshop which was not a variable field: Edit\Preferences\Files.

Having watched a few vids on using PM, one which was excellent was by Jim Carr (??) but was for an earlier version of PM.
The method he used was to select one or more mages in PM and then dragging them to the icon for LR (which was running as an icon on his Task Bar). With my combo of PM and LR, when I tried this it did not seem to work.

Is there a workflow for the process of selecting an image and transferring it to a variable specified Editor??...or am I missing something or is it because I am using a Demo version??

Any comments ...BTW...its feels like a very user friendly program so far.

Airborne2
Airborne2

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: Transferring selections from PM to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
Check under: Preferences -> Launching

This is where you tell PM which program to open based on the Edit command.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Airborne2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »
Thanks all for the quick reply. So nice to know that the PM has such an active Support Forum.
Airborne2

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
Also, drag and drop behavior varies according to which versions of OSX, LR you're running, I believe.

Drag and drop currently works for me in Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and LR4 but with a pause.

Drag thumbnails from PM to LR icon in dock
Wait a moment until the dock icon flashes and LR pops up. (Keep holding your click as you drag to the LR window)
Keep waiting til the LR window gets selected. You should then see the green + sign with your dragged images.
Then you can let go.

The LR import dialog will come up with the source folder that you were working with, but only the images you've dragged will have the checkmark.

If you don't want the images moved out of the source folder, make sure you've chosen "Add" up top.

Hope that helps

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits