Author Topic: LR / PM issue - 2  (Read 2046 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
LR / PM issue - 2
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:04:01 AM »
Currently my LR / PM setting seem to be working both ways (yeah!) But I created a collection of 8 images in 2 folders (3 in one 5 in the other) I LR - I select all &  3 stared the 8. when I went back to PM only one folder's images show the change. I went back and forth staring & un-staring them . but could not get all 8 to have the same setting at the same time - one time one folder the next the other. - any ideas?
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: LR / PM issue - 2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
Currently my LR / PM setting seem to be working both ways (yeah!) But I created a collection of 8 images in 2 folders (3 in one 5 in the other) I LR - I select all &  3 stared the 8. when I went back to PM only one folder's images show the change. I went back and forth staring & un-staring them . but could not get all 8 to have the same setting at the same time - one time one folder the next the other. - any ideas?

Are you forcing LR to write the metadata changes back to the original files?  If not, your edits are only happening within the LR database.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:46:02 AM »
My problem is some are happening some are not - at the same time - I'm not forcing anything! Just seem odd to me.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »
OK.  At the very minimum you'll have to use the "Save metadata to file" command on the "Metadata" menu in LR on each image that you have changed and want other applications to see.  Second, LR will not update any embedded metadata in your RAW files, so if you've told PM to read embedded metadata before sidecar XMP files and your RAW files have embedded metadata, PM still won't see your changes.

You'll have to do some testing and investigation to get to the bottom of this issue.  I suggest starting out with some new images, set PM5 to only write XMP sidecar files, and to read XMP sidecar files first.  Then make your changes in LR, update the files with the "Save metadata to file" command and then come back to PM5 and you should see your changes that you made in LR.  If that test doesn't work then I'd have to see some sample files to investigate further.  If the test does work then you can take some of your other images and make sure to strip any embedded metadata (you can revert your RAW files to their original state on the Tools menu.) then modify them with LR, write the metadata back and then view them with PM5.  You should see your changes.  If not then I'd need samples of those files to investigate further.

-Kirk