Author Topic: File Uploader Save Destination FTP Server variable profile  (Read 2881 times)

Offline vabiro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
File Uploader Save Destination FTP Server variable profile
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »
Hi,

I have noticed that when I switch between Destination FTP Server certain information does not change, but should.

What I mean is that each client that I upload to will have different requirements, like:

• File Name format
  • JPEG cropping or size
  • IPTC Stationary that should be applied: For example I need to put Special Instructions in one or append date and city info to another
  • Where copies of pictures should be saved
  • Where log files should be saved

Right now all of these remain the same when I switch Destination FTP Server, when in almost every usage the variables are different.

Would it be possible for the Destination FTP Servers to be more like a profile that switches the above when I change Destination FTP Server?

Thanks
Victor

Offline vabiro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: File Uploader Save Destination FTP Server variable profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:06:36 AM »
Isn't there anyone else that can see the value in this?

I have chatted with many freelance PJs that are frustrated by this too, and it seems like something that should be easy to implement.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: File Uploader Save Destination FTP Server variable profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:49:51 PM »
Isn't there anyone else that can see the value in this?

I have chatted with many freelance PJs that are frustrated by this too, and it seems like something that should be easy to implement.

Use the snapshot (lightning bolt) button in the bottom left corner of the Upload dialog.  It will retain all of your settings and the destination server.

-Kirk