Author Topic: Slide Show caption font colors not sticking  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
Slide Show caption font colors not sticking
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:56:29 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13158 (7de0ba6)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16GB

I have been having problems with Slide Show caption font colors. After selecting images (with captions) and launching (Ctr-L) the slide show, I choose my font (Arial) and select the text color (white). When the first image appears the caption is white, then each subsequent caption is dark blue. Several times I selected a different font color (yellow) all the captions were yellow, but trying to go back to all white captions reverts back to where the 1st image caption is white then the rest revert back to dark blue. Saving the settings did not make any difference ... same problem.

I've checked the forums and read the wiki-manual, etc., but can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Warren

Offline aroger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Slide Show caption font colors not sticking
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 05:46:28 AM »
I have also seen this.
Build 13915, Windows 7.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:38:33 AM »
Warren,

Your build of Photo Mechanic is over a year old.  Build 13915 is the current build.  That said, I see that 'aroger' is also having the problem.  What happens if you make the color not quite 100% white (just a little off from full white)?  Does it work better then?

-Kirk

Offline aroger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:58:34 AM »
Hi Kirk.
Thanks for the quick response as usual.
I just tried it again on my desktop.  The first time I changed the colour and ran the slide show it showed the first slide correctly then a blue for the others.  After that, changing the colour worked fine.
 I repeated the test on my laptop - an Asus G75V running Win8, same build as the desktop.  It shows the problem for the first 4 or 5 times on any colour.  Now its fine for a couple of changes.
Here is something new!  The font colour showed on the first slide then the text stopped showing at all!  This on the laptop. Now it back to blue for the second slide.
Weird! There seems to be no pattern that is obvious.
Roger

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Warren,

Your build of Photo Mechanic is over a year old.  Build 13915 is the current build.  That said, I see that 'aroger' is also having the problem.  What happens if you make the color not quite 100% white (just a little off from full white)?  Does it work better then?

-Kirk

That was my mistake, the build number in my original post was incorrect. I *am* using the current build (build 13915 (a16ea99)). I just changed the color of the text several times but with the same results, the text color still reverts back to dark blue after the first image cycles. I also tried using the space bar to cycle through images but the problems still exists.

I just tried using the slideshow with the current PM build on another machine with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with Service Pack 2, Processor: Intel Core 2 Cpu 6700 @ 2.66GHz Memory 4GB RAM and the slide show works perfectly. This certainly mystifies me, I don't have a clue as to what's going on and am not sure what to try next. If I'm in the minority having this problem I'll probably just give up on using the slide show on this Win 7 machine.

Thanks for your help.

Warren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
Warren,

That was my mistake, the build number in my original post was incorrect. I *am* using the current build (build 13915 (a16ea99)). I just changed the color of the text several times but with the same results, the text color still reverts back to dark blue after the first image cycles. I also tried using the space bar to cycle through images but the problems still exists.

I just tried using the slideshow with the current PM build on another machine with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with Service Pack 2, Processor: Intel Core 2 Cpu 6700 @ 2.66GHz Memory 4GB RAM and the slide show works perfectly. This certainly mystifies me, I don't have a clue as to what's going on and am not sure what to try next. If I'm in the minority having this problem I'll probably just give up on using the slide show on this Win 7 machine.

Did you try changing the 'white' from a 100% white to something like a 90% white and see if it made any difference?

-Kirk

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:20 PM »
Warren,

Did you try changing the 'white' from a 100% white to something like a 90% white and see if it made any difference?

-Kirk

No - apparently I didn't fully comprehend your suggestion and only used the 'automatic' colors but I just now tried using 2 shades lower than true white, saved it as a custom color and now the slide show works perfectly!!

Thanks, Kirk, I really appreciate your following up and getting me back on track.

Warren

Offline aroger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »
Hi kirk.
For me nothing changes when I save custom colours.
That said, its a small thing in my life, so spend the time on the Catalog and not on this.
I have to say the support you give is excellent!
Roger