Author Topic: Seperating Filetypes (RAW & JPG).  (Read 3987 times)

Offline JulieEdwards

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Seperating Filetypes (RAW & JPG).
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »
Hi

Shooting RAW and JPG and when I ingest I would really like to put these into separate folders..

My folders are currently named according to IPTC variables and I am able to create a value of the file type ( {filename:-3,3} ) and if importing only a single filetype, am able to create a folder as I wish. I have also managed to create many different folders using other parts of the file name i.e. {filename:4,3} just as a test. However, if I use the correct file extension variable, it still puts both files in the JPG folder....

Running 2 imports (one for raw, one non-raw) using the same configuration corrected the correct folders.

Is there any way to seperate the files in a single import?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Seperating Filetypes (RAW & JPG).
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »
Julie,

Shooting RAW and JPG and when I ingest I would really like to put these into separate folders..

My folders are currently named according to IPTC variables and I am able to create a value of the file type ( {filename:-3,3} ) and if importing only a single filetype, am able to create a folder as I wish. I have also managed to create many different folders using other parts of the file name i.e. {filename:4,3} just as a test. However, if I use the correct file extension variable, it still puts both files in the JPG folder....

Running 2 imports (one for raw, one non-raw) using the same configuration corrected the correct folders.

Is there any way to seperate the files in a single import?

No.  When Ingest is not limited to copying only RAW or everything else, then Ingest (like the rest of PM) treats a RAW file and a JPEG file with the same base name as a pair and they will always arrive together with the same base name in the same destination directory.

-Kirk

Offline JulieEdwards

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Seperating Filetypes (RAW & JPG).
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
 :-\

thanks kirk... double ingest then....