Author Topic: Cannot restore Objects Name, Keywords etc  (Read 1926 times)

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
Cannot restore Objects Name, Keywords etc
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Hello there, last week i had to make a full reinstall of my 15" macbook Pro retina: After reinstalling PM5 i copied from my complete backup some preferences from the folder "com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic" inside the old Library. Unfortunately i just cannot find any trace of the datas from the database panel inside the IPTC Stationary Pad, such as Object names, Category, Supp. category, Keywords, etc.
Is there a way to restore them..?

Thanks,
Carlo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cannot restore Objects Name, Keywords etc
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
Carlo,

Hello there, last week i had to make a full reinstall of my 15" macbook Pro retina: After reinstalling PM5 i copied from my complete backup some preferences from the folder "com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic" inside the old Library. Unfortunately i just cannot find any trace of the datas from the database panel inside the IPTC Stationary Pad, such as Object names, Category, Supp. category, Keywords, etc.
Is there a way to restore them..?

You said you copied some of the preferences.  What parts didn't you copy?  Why not copy the entire com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic folder from your backup?

What you didn't copy may account for your missing settings.

-Kirk

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
Hi Kirk,
i did not copy the entire folder because the reason for my total computer reset was some corrupted file, then i am trying to make it as clean as possible... Then i wish to know which file of that folder i need to restore to have my object names and keywords back...

Thanks,
Carlo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »
Carlo,

i did not copy the entire folder because the reason for my total computer reset was some corrupted file, then i am trying to make it as clean as possible... Then i wish to know which file of that folder i need to restore to have my object names and keywords back...

You'll need to copy the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs, com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb, and com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs.bak files, replacing your new ones.  Make sure you quit PM5 before you restore these files.

-Kirk

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »
Thanks Kirk...!