Author Topic: Filename problem  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filename problem
« on: August 16, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »
Hi Kirk

I've gone through every setting change(s) possible and I still cannot find the correct setting(s) to return my filenames, when ingesting, to read as - yyyymmdd - hrsminsssecs. What do you advise please. I'm failing to set this up on both my MacBook(which i'm in the process of learning anyway) and my new Windows PC. Help !

Jeff

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: Filename problem
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:11:24 AM »
Hi Jeff!

I am just guessing but it seems like you want to have filenames like "20130816-110830", correct?

If yes please add the following to the "Rename ingested Photos as" in the ingest dialog: {year4}{month0}{day0}-{hour0}{minute}{second}.
If you want to have it in the 24-Hour format please use: {year4}{month0}{day0}-{hour24}{minute}{second}.

HTH
Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:36 AM »
Thank you very much Sven. I will look into that immediately and let you know what happens.

Jeff

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
Hi Sven,

Sorry, I don't want to rename the pictures, I want to rename the Ingested "Files" named with the title - YearMonthDay - HourMinuteSeconds.

Is that possible ?

Jeff

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 03:38:28 AM »
Hi Sven

I've almost got it correct now. Thanks very much for your assistance in this.

Jeff

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
Hi Sven,

Only problem I seem to have is that I cannot get all pics from single shoot ie 20 photo's, to ingest into the same folder as they are ingesting into separate folders with each minute eg 1430 in one folder and 1431 in another folder.

Jeff

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:01:23 AM »
Jeff,

Only problem I seem to have is that I cannot get all pics from single shoot ie 20 photo's, to ingest into the same folder as they are ingesting into separate folders with each minute eg 1430 in one folder and 1431 in another folder.

I think you're using variables in the Folder Name section.  At this point I think it would be best for you to take a screen shot and post it here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Screenshot of my setting's in the Ingest box. I'm attempting on ingesting, to name all new files with the yyyymmmmdddd - hrsminsecs

But when I ingest about 5 pictures into a new folder some of the pictures, which may have a different minute when the photo was taken, come up in a separate folder. Whereas I want all 5 of the pictures in the same folder.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »
Jeff,

Screenshot of my setting's in the Ingest box. I'm attempting on ingesting, to name all new files with the yyyymmmmdddd - hrsminsecs

But when I ingest about 5 pictures into a new folder some of the pictures, which may have a different minute when the photo was taken, come up in a separate folder. Whereas I want all 5 of the pictures in the same folder.

Then you'll want to move that string of variables from the "Folder Name:" field to the "Rename Ingested photos as:" field.  Be sure to set the "Rename Ingested photos as:" checkbox first or you can't paste the string of variables in there.  Then if you still want a folder to be created once per day keep only the first part ( just {year4}{month0}{day0} ) in the "Folder Name:" field.

HTH,

-Kirk