Author Topic: Email Automation?  (Read 7242 times)

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Email Automation?
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:06 AM »
Hi,

I am shooting sports photography and have access to the individual participants data including name, email, address etc.

I would like to automate a process where I capture the BIB number and type this into the Keyword Field - photo by photo.  THEN - via automation extract the name and email data so that I can send an automated email - with a cropped and watermarked photo, to each sports participant.

I have tested that the variable {clientemail} is operational in the 'Send photo via email' but I do not know how to automatically extract the email address from the list in codereplacement.

Is this possible?

Cheers
Niels

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Email Automation?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:01:25 AM »
I do the extract through Excel and creat a code replacement file with competitor number followed by all the competitor information stored in various IPTC fields. 

You are probably looking at a two step process...one step to load all the IPTC data through a code replacement (where you can also do a quality / accuracy check) and then the email generation process.

If I can ask, how are you doing the email step though PM?  Do you have hourly/daily limits to how much email you can't send out?

Mike

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Email Automation?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:07 PM »
Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply.  I have created the codereplacement file which looks like this "bib no, Name, Club, Team, Email" and this works well.

I automatically load all this information to the keyword IPTC field by tagging the BIB no.

Ideally I would like to hide the competitor email from the IPTC Keyword field and load it into another field.

I imagine that I would be able to recall the email using the variables function (I can add the {clientemail} to the recipient field in the email editor)

I have no daily limits on how many emails I can send out. The typical number of participants in my events are 100 - 300 - so it is not a massive number) I believe I can get much more sales as I will be able to capture the participants that I do not reach by Facebook and other avenues of marketing.

Thanks