Author Topic: info text-lens AFMA adjustment setting  (Read 3276 times)

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
info text-lens AFMA adjustment setting
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »
Something I'd like to see available in the Info Text field is the current lens AFMA adjustment setting. As a setting which is increasingly important, this would be great to see. My set of carefully created at huge time expense AFMA settings on my 5D MkIII have fallen off....vanished. It will take a day to go through the process of re calibrating all my lenses. I'll write down the settings this time. But if the info was there in the Info Text settings that would be useful today to recover the settings, but useful in an on-going way. Can this be achieved?

-PW

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: info text-lens AFMA adjustment setting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
Something I'd like to see available in the Info Text field is the current lens AFMA adjustment setting. As a setting which is increasingly important, this would be great to see. My set of carefully created at huge time expense AFMA settings on my 5D MkIII have fallen off....vanished. It will take a day to go through the process of re calibrating all my lenses. I'll write down the settings this time. But if the info was there in the Info Text settings that would be useful today to recover the settings, but useful in an on-going way. Can this be achieved?

I would expect that data to be part of Canon's undocumented Maker Note.  If you know how to decipher it, we're all ears.

Without some sort of documentation it would not be worth our time to reverse-engineer.

-Kirk

Offline jr_ed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: info text-lens AFMA adjustment setting
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
I would also find it very useful if Photo Mechanic had variables for micro focus adjustment values, and I'd expect others would as well given that most high-resolution camera owners I know set AFMA values per lens. ExifTool lists these values for Canon:

[MakerNotes]    AFMicroAdjMode                  : Disable
[MakerNotes]    AFMicroAdjValue                 : 0

The second of these (AFMicroAdjValue) is of the most interest to me. What would it take to be able to incorporate these as EXIF variables in Photo Mechanic?