Author Topic: Photoshelter uploader not working  (Read 8765 times)

Offline Junction10

• View Profile
    • Junction10 Photography
Photoshelter uploader not working
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
Just trying to upload to Photoshelter on Mac (OSX Mountain Lion), build 13915, and when I bring up the 'uploader' connection, I get an "Execution Expired" error and it won't log in, so I can't upload anything.

Username and password are correct...  Not sure how long it's been a problem.
iMac 27" 5K Retina 2017 -  4.2ghz 64gb RAM 1Tb HD, OSX Mojave
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 24 core GPU, 2Tb SSD, 64gb RAM

https://www.junction10.photography/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photoshelter uploader not working
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »
Just trying to upload to Photoshelter on Mac (OSX Mountain Lion), build 13915, and when I bring up the 'uploader' connection, I get an "Execution Expired" error and it won't log in, so I can't upload anything.

I suggest contacting the PhotoShelter folks about this issue.  The next build of Photo Mechanic 5 will have a PhotoShelter uploader template made and supported by PhotoShelter.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »

I suggest contacting the PhotoShelter folks about this issue.  The next build of Photo Mechanic 5 will have a PhotoShelter uploader template made and supported by PhotoShelter.

-Kirk

Good news!
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »

-Kirk

What about 500px, do you have any plans to implement an uploader template made and supported by you and/or 500px team?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »
Peter,

What about 500px, do you have any plans to implement an uploader template made and supported by you and/or 500px team?

Not in the immediate future.  Cataloging is our highest priority right now.

-Kirk

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Peter,

-Kirk

Understandable, but do you have any kind of API that I could point the people at the 500px to?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
Peter,

Understandable, but do you have any kind of API that I could point the people at the 500px to?

Just have them contact us.  We'll provide them with what they need in order to write their own template.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Peter,

Just have them contact us.  We'll provide them with what they need in order to write their own template.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Sent them a mail and asked them if they »will you create another plug-in for us who are using Photo Mechanic 5» and they replied that they »don't have plans to at this time, but our API is open for third party developers, so maybe you or someone else could build one!»

So now I'm, and several other PM5 & 500px users, caught between two different companies plans or should I say, lack of plans.

The 500px API documentation is available from here: https://github.com/500px/api-documentation

Anyone capable of creating plugins between PM5 and 500px ?