Author Topic: Accessing the SEQN variable in the IPTC Stationary pad  (Read 5664 times)

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Accessing the SEQN variable in the IPTC Stationary pad
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »
In order to speed up and greatly improve my workflow I would love to have a button in the IPTC stationary pad that accesses the SEQN variable. I know most professional photographers have to use a transref # when filing. The most common place for people to set that would be the IPTC stationary pad, not by checking/unchecking the rename file name in the ingest menu where the only "Change seqn variable" button exists. Otherwise I need to close my IPTC stationary pad while I am filing and go through two menus to get to it to reset it. A button that accesses the variable from the IPTC stationary pad would be amazing, any chance of getting that someday?

Lucas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Accessing the SEQN variable in the IPTC Stationary pad
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
Lucas,

In order to speed up and greatly improve my workflow I would love to have a button in the IPTC stationary pad that accesses the SEQN variable. I know most professional photographers have to use a transref # when filing. The most common place for people to set that would be the IPTC stationary pad, not by checking/unchecking the rename file name in the ingest menu where the only "Change seqn variable" button exists. Otherwise I need to close my IPTC stationary pad while I am filing and go through two menus to get to it to reset it. A button that accesses the variable from the IPTC stationary pad would be amazing, any chance of getting that someday?

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Not sure when we'll implement it though.

-Kirk

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Accessing the SEQN variable in the IPTC Stationary pad
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
Someone I spoke with from PM at PhotoPlus told me that 6 years ago :(

I've been waiting ever since.