Author Topic: Cancel Save and Upload from IPTC dialog menu  (Read 3970 times)

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cancel Save and Upload from IPTC dialog menu
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »
I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit the Save and Upload button when I was meaning to hit the Paste button.

I really wish I could cancel the action when the Upload box appears. It can't be the active window while the IPTC box is up, so you have to close the IPTC box, then close the preview, then tab over to the Upload box. By the time I've done this, the picture may have already uploaded, so then I need to fire up an FTP program to try and kill it. Arghhh. (this just happened to me again)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cancel Save and Upload from IPTC dialog menu
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit the Save and Upload button when I was meaning to hit the Paste button.

I really wish I could cancel the action when the Upload box appears. It can't be the active window while the IPTC box is up, so you have to close the IPTC box, then close the preview, then tab over to the Upload box. By the time I've done this, the picture may have already uploaded, so then I need to fire up an FTP program to try and kill it. Arghhh. (this just happened to me again)

Hmm.  Perhaps use the keyboard shortcuts instead?  I don't think people on a deadline would want to confirm their uploads.

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »

What about disabling the "Save, Upload and Next" button in IPTC Info?
The option to do this is found in the Accessibility pane in the Preferences. At least from version 5...

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Snaxalig-
I had no idea you could get rid of that button. Thanks! Solved my problem.

Kirk- Thanks for replying. I see your point. I just wanted an easy way to cancel it. Not sure how it'd would work.