Author Topic: Ingest from Here  (Read 3218 times)

Offline RFleming

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest from Here
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
In my workflow, I can't tell you how many times I've looked in the right-click/context menu for a folder in my navigator and tried to find a link for Ingest from here. Essentially, it would be a shortcut as opposed to going into ingest and then changing the primary destination.

Can you please add Ingest from here to the folder context menus within navigator and favorites?

Thank you,
R Fleming

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest from Here
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
In my workflow, I can't tell you how many times I've looked in the right-click/context menu for a folder in my navigator and tried to find a link for Ingest from here. Essentially, it would be a shortcut as opposed to going into ingest and then changing the primary destination.

Can you please add Ingest from here to the folder context menus within navigator and favorites?

Sounds useful though I wonder if your source folders are camera cards or if they're just folders on your system?  If so, why do you need to Ingest photos that are already on your computer?

Also, you can use Ingest with "Ingest Folders" and simply choose a list of folders.  In either case it sounds like you want to Ingest to Here if by changing the Primary Destination you're achieving the result you want, unless I am misunderstanding you.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:23:21 PM by Kirk Baker »