Author Topic: IPTC Info default cursor position  (Read 7279 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
IPTC Info default cursor position
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
Kirk,

Has something changed since April regarding the default placement of the cursor in the IPTC Info dialog box?  It used to be that if the cursor (or caret) was in the second field and you advanced to the next photo, then the cursor would still be in the second field.  Now the behavior is that the cursor is in the first field. 

All my macros are based on the old behavior.  Am I stuck or is there a way to re-enable the old behavior?

Deven

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: IPTC Info default cursor position
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:25:09 AM »
Hi,
Haven't noticed anything new. I have just put some keywords this way and no problem. Saved and advanced to the next photo in the same field - keywords - in this case.
HTH,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:49:16 AM »
Haven't noticed anything new. I have just put some keywords this way and no problem. Saved and advanced to the next photo in the same field - keywords - in this case.

I get the same behavior in the Keywords field as well.  Using Windows 8.

Deven

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:53:51 AM »
When I advance to the next file, the cursor resets to the top field (caption) too. Quite annoying if you're busy updating a different field in a series of images  >:(

Mac OS X 10.8.5, latest version of PM 5

Luiz, interesting to see it still works for you! Perhaps these questions can shed some light on why it works for you and doesn't for others:
  • Are you making use of the latest PM 5?
  • Are you making use of the standard IPTC info layout, or have you adjusted it?
  • How are you saving and advancing to the next image. Keyboard shortcut or by clicking the button?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:55:30 AM »
When I advance to the next file, the cursor resets to the top field (caption) too. Quite annoying if you're busy updating a different field in a series of images  >:(

Mac OS X 10.8.5, latest version of PM 5

Luiz, interesting to see it still works for you! Perhaps these questions can shed some light on why it works for you and doesn't for others:
  • Are you making use of the latest PM 5?
  • Are you making use of the standard IPTC info layout, or have you adjusted it?
  • How are you saving and advancing to the next image. Keyboard shortcut or by clicking the button?

Hi, Hayo
I have PM 5 build 13915 (a16ea99). Mac OS X 10.8.5
I have customized IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery.
I click the button.
HTH,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:30:06 AM »
I have PM 5 build 13915 (a16ea99). Mac OS X 10.8.5

Right, then this must be it; running 14402 myself. Guess things got broken in this (beta) version.
Hope it gets fixed before this build becomes a published version.

Thanks,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl