Author Topic: Wild sort and filter results  (Read 2997 times)

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Wild sort and filter results
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
Just recently PM (OS X 10.8.5, PM v5.0 13915) started giving me weird sort and filter results.

For instance sorting by Capture Date results in a jumbled up order that's definitely not Capture Date. Only sorting by some other criteria and then again by Capture Date will do the job right.

Same for filtering by color labels. I filtered by magenta color labels and it would only show me a fraction of the labeled images. Once I deleted those (that was my intention) and then turning the label filter off and on again more magenta labeled images appeared. And so on.

PM on my laptop does not show this behavior.

How can I help this behavior?

Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Wild sort and filter results
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »
Just recently PM (OS X 10.8.5, PM v5.0 13915) started giving me weird sort and filter results.

For instance sorting by Capture Date results in a jumbled up order that's definitely not Capture Date. Only sorting by some other criteria and then again by Capture Date will do the job right.

Same for filtering by color labels. I filtered by magenta color labels and it would only show me a fraction of the labeled images. Once I deleted those (that was my intention) and then turning the label filter off and on again more magenta labeled images appeared. And so on.

PM on my laptop does not show this behavior.

How can I help this behavior?

Try emptying the Sort Cache.  Open up the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, navigate to the Caching page, click on the Empty Now button in the Sort Cache.

-Kirk

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Re: Wild sort and filter results
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
Dang! Unfortunately didn't do the trick. Switching to sort {file size} and back however worked (as mentioned above).