Author Topic: Synchronise Seqn  (Read 3383 times)

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Synchronise Seqn
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:02 AM »
Is there a way to sync the seqn between Desktop and Laptop. I can sync any File via cloud when it helps.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Synchronise Seqn
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:13:48 AM »
Is there a way to sync the seqn between Desktop and Laptop. I can sync any File via cloud when it helps.

Hi,
First of all, it would be nice to know which is your OS version (Windows such and such, Mac OS X) and what is your version of PM.
Second, I would like to know which seqn you are talking about...in the renaming or copying dialogue? Sorry, I think I did not quite understand what you are referring to.
regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 05:13:08 AM »

No, there is no automated way.  But you can simply enter the same value that currently exists on one computer into the other.

-Kirk

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
Maybe it´s possible to do this in future.
@Luiz I work with win7 and need always the seqn when i save pictures. But onetime i need it on my Laptop and then on my Desktop. It happens when im out and working that i sit there and dont know the last seqn. So it will be very nice for me when it will synchronise automaticly the last number over the cloud. I hope you understand and sorry for my bad bad english

Offline Michael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »
There is a possibility all the settings between two computers synchronized.

I do not know if the manufacturer recommends it. However, since I can only work on one computer at the same time it seems to work.

You can synchronize the folder "\ Users \ X \ AppData \ Camera bit, Inc \ Photo Mechanic" with the help of a junction link with the Drobox.
So you have all the sync settings. Also, the sequence numbers. Just like everything Photo Mechnic stores in the folder.

But it's not a goog idea to use both computers at the same time, when you use a synchronized Prefs directory.

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
You can synchronize the folder "\ Users \ X \ AppData \ Camera bit, Inc \ Photo Mechanic" with the help of a junction link with the Drobox.
So you have all the sync settings. Also, the sequence numbers. Just like everything Photo Mechnic stores in the folder.

Works very great for the moment, I will test it next days at work but i think there will be no problem. Many thanks to you Michael.