Author Topic: Previous versions of PM4  (Read 4022 times)

Offline SRP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Previous versions of PM4
« on: December 20, 2006, 06:51:33 AM »
Kirk, Can You point me in the right direction, to download previous versions of PM4

Sean

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Previous versions of PM4
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:02:56 AM »
Sean,

Kirk, Can You point me in the right direction, to download previous versions of PM4

What version are you looking for and what OS platform?

-Kirk

Offline SRP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 07:27:03 AM »
Kirk, sorry should have said. Mac osX 10.4.2  1.67 GHz power pc G4 with 1GB ram. I have PM4.4. installed

My aluminium 15" has been playing up. Crashed big time and trashed the hard drive.I did have 4.4.3.3 (the latest one). And the latest version of OS X 10.

It has been suggested by the guy who rebuilt it, that I should upgrade bit by bit.

At the time of the crash I was running PM 4.4.3.3 with Photoshop CS2 and launch2net from Novamedia.

Now, we dont know if its PM that caused it to crash. but that was the programme I was in at the time.

Sean

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »
Sean,

Kirk, sorry should have said. Mac osX 10.4.2  1.67 GHz power pc G4 with 1GB ram. I have PM4.4. installed

My aluminium 15" has been playing up. Crashed big time and trashed the hard drive.I did have 4.4.3.3 (the latest one). And the latest version of OS X 10.

It has been suggested by the guy who rebuilt it, that I should upgrade bit by bit.

At the time of the crash I was running PM 4.4.3.3 with Photoshop CS2 and launch2net from Novamedia.

Now, we dont know if its PM that caused it to crash. but that was the programme I was in at the time.

I don't see how PM can crash your hard drive.  It does not write data at the block/sector level.  It uses standard file-based I/O and should not be capable of "trashing" your hard drive.  Now it is possible that the filesystem on your hard drive was already compromised and then any program that wrote to your drive could contribute to its demise.  Running Apple's Disk Utility every so often is a good idea.  One other way for things to become unstable is bad RAM, or a bad memory controller on the motherboard.  Then you would likely get Kernel Panics.  The diagnostics CD-ROM that came with your system can often find these types of problems.

That said, what specific version of Photo Mechanic for Mac OS X are you looking for?  If you want 4.4.3.3 which is known to be the most bug-free and stable version of the 4.4 series then it is available from our website's downloads page:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/index.html

HTH,

-Kirk