Author Topic: Live Ingest Multiple Sources into Separate Folders  (Read 8276 times)

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest Multiple Sources into Separate Folders
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:49 AM »
Hello All,

So, I'm hoping maybe someone might have some experience with this. I am currently live ingesting from an overhead remote camera on our server and I then have them move over to folder on my desktop. This works flawlessly. But I need to add a second camera/folder and want it to land in it's own separate folder as well. Anyone have success with getting multiple live ingests to work?

-Scott

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Live Ingest Multiple Sources into Separate Folders
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
So, I managed to get multiple live ingests working at once...with one caveat. I can't get it to apply iptc data to more then one ingest. Kirk, is this accurate? Is there a workaround?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.  You can only apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to one source?  Or you can apply to multiple live ingests but you want multiple IPTC Stationery Pads?

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Live_Ingest

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »
Yes, only one source with on set of IPTC data.

Photomechanic will only allow me to have one stream apply iptc data.  If I try to apply the IPTC to the second stream it gives me error about a variable being in use and won't even start.

So, here is the workflow even broken down further:

Camera 1: overhead remote camera ftp's to internal server, live ingest is running and setup to transfer images from server to an "unedited remote" folder for editing. i have it setup to apply a general game night caption. This works fine.

Camera 2: handheld rink side camera ftp's to our internal server, live ingest is running and setup to transfer images from my server to an"unedited handheld" folder for editing. IF I select "apply iptc" it will not start or if I try to change the naming structure coming in.

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »
This is the error description:

Unable to start ingest: The primary destination would use a sequence variable either via the rename string or by applying the IPTC Stationery Pad. Can't proceed because another Live Ingest is currently in progress using a sequence variable.

And since I keep forgetting to post this. I am on a Mac running 10.8.5 and Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13915 (a16ea99).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »
Scott,

This is the error description:

Unable to start ingest: The primary destination would use a sequence variable either via the rename string or by applying the IPTC Stationery Pad. Can't proceed because another Live Ingest is currently in progress using a sequence variable.

And since I keep forgetting to post this. I am on a Mac running 10.8.5 and Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13915 (a16ea99).

We're going to change Live Ingest to allow multiple simultaneous ingests using sequence numbers in their renaming or IPTC Stationery Pads.  The caveat will be that only the sequence number in use by the first Live Ingest will be kept persistent (meaning when you quit the Live Ingests and open one up again, only the last sequence number of the first Live Ingest will show up in the dialog).

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
Now for your favorite question... what's the timeline on the change?