Author Topic: View captioned/non captioned  (Read 5451 times)

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
View captioned/non captioned
« on: November 14, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
I don't know if these features have been requested before, so I'll ask. I'd like to see a view option for captioned photos and non-captioned photos so I know which files I have to apply IPTC info to. In addition to this, it would be nice if the "i" in the lower left of the thumbnail could be set so it is shown if IPTC info has been applied to that image. To elaborate on this, my thought was that just the "i" character could show in a light gray if IPTC has been added to that image. Basically, I want a way to easily spot images that don't have IPTC info attached.

Last... can you please add a "clear cache now" button somewhere so I don't have to shut down the program and start it again to clear the cache?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: View captioned/non captioned
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
I don't know if these features have been requested before, so I'll ask. I'd like to see a view option for captioned photos and non-captioned photos so I know which files I have to apply IPTC info to. In addition to this, it would be nice if the "i" in the lower left of the thumbnail could be set so it is shown if IPTC info has been applied to that image. To elaborate on this, my thought was that just the "i" character could show in a light gray if IPTC has been added to that image. Basically, I want a way to easily spot images that don't have IPTC info attached.

In Photo Mechanic version 4.5 you will be able to have an additional three lines of user customizable text appear underneath each thumbnail.  So in your case you would make line #1 be: {caption}

And then you will be able to see at a glance which photos have been captioned and which ones haven't.  You won't need to hover your mouse over an image in order to find out if it has been captioned.

Quote from: smorgan42
Last... can you please add a "clear cache now" button somewhere so I don't have to shut down the program and start it again to clear the cache?

That also is planned in version 4.5...

-Kirk

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »
Thank you for the reply, I'll be looking forward to the new features. Now I know what to ask for as a christmas present.

Thank you

Offline Freddy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »
yeah --thats would be a very nice feature