Author Topic: Variables  (Read 7841 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Variables
« on: December 17, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »
Is it possible to add a varaible for 'th', 'rd' and 'nd' to use with the date variable so that I can have {iptcmonth}{numberend} to make '27th' or '1st'

Also, not a feature request but a question, how do I make my variables capital? I tried {CITY} instead of {city} but it made no difference.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variables
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:52:51 PM »
Is it possible to add a varaible for 'th', 'rd' and 'nd' to use with the date variable so that I can have {iptcmonth}{numberend} to make '27th' or '1st'

I suppose that would be possible.  We'll think about that one...

Quote from: Shadow
Also, not a feature request but a question, how do I make my variables capital? I tried {CITY} instead of {city} but it made no difference.

Do you mean that you want the expansion of the variable to change the text to UPPERcase?

-Kirk

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:50:43 AM »
Yes, so possibly a command to indicate what case the variable should be in; ie three states, lower case, uppercase and capitalised. If not a command then the variable should just mimic the way the user writes the variable. For example, {CITY} would be uppercase, {City} would be capitalised, and {city} would be lower-case.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:02:01 AM »
Yes, so possibly a command to indicate what case the variable should be in; ie three states, lower case, uppercase and capitalised. If not a command then the variable should just mimic the way the user writes the variable. For example, {CITY} would be uppercase, {City} would be capitalised, and {city} would be lower-case.

I like that idea.  Simple and fairly intuitive.  We'll see what we can do.

-Kirk

Offline mikael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mikaelkjellstrom.com
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »
Kirk,

In regards of Variables, would it be possible to add the function so users can create custom variables,
i.e. {MyCustomVar} = "{city}, {stat}-{imn0}/{idy0}/{iyr2}" or something in that way.  That would clean up alot of my templates for sure.

...Mikael

Merry Christmas!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
Mikael,

In regards of Variables, would it be possible to add the function so users can create custom variables,
i.e. {MyCustomVar} = "{city}, {stat}-{imn0}/{idy0}/{iyr2}" or something in that way.  That would clean up alot of my templates for sure.

...Mikael

Merry Christmas!

We've thought of doing that before, but it is easy to create recursive variable definitions which would cause problems.  We may revisit the idea again in the future.

Merry Christmas to you too.

-Kirk