Author Topic: Text Exporter problems  (Read 8250 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Text Exporter problems
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »
I got the following error message:

The Text Exporter template encountered an error ....
The Error was: #<RuntimeError: expand_var NUL NRFImageInforPtr for image index 124, document cell 223.>

(eval):231: in 'query'
(eval):482:in 'value'
(eval):482:in 'sandbox'
(eval):615:in 'kickoff_background_export'

What does this mean?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Text Exporter problems
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:44:32 PM »
I got the following error message:

The Text Exporter template encountered an error ....
The Error was: #<RuntimeError: expand_var NUL NRFImageInforPtr for image index 124, document cell 223.>

(eval):231: in 'query'
(eval):482:in 'value'
(eval):482:in 'sandbox'
(eval):615:in 'kickoff_background_export'

What does this mean?

The template got an error.  What was the text you were exporting?  Were all of the items selected in the contact sheet actual images or were they other filetypes?

-Kirk

Offline JimBucksbury

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
Resuscitating this thread because I'm having the same problem, on Windows 7 x64, PM version 5 build 13915. Here's the exact error I'm getting:

I've been using PM to export metadata for hundreds of thousands of images, which are stored in hundreds of folders along with a few other files of different types (GPX and PDF, mainly). It's gone well except for a few folders, where I'm getting the above error. Is there a way to show the image index numbers so I can de-select the file that's causing this problem? When the export runs, I can see it stopping at the image above (#5385 in this case), but that number doesn't help if I can't see the image index numbers.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »
Jim,

Resuscitating this thread because I'm having the same problem, on Windows 7 x64, PM version 5 build 13915. Here's the exact error I'm getting:

I've been using PM to export metadata for hundreds of thousands of images, which are stored in hundreds of folders along with a few other files of different types (GPX and PDF, mainly). It's gone well except for a few folders, where I'm getting the above error. Is there a way to show the image index numbers so I can de-select the file that's causing this problem? When the export runs, I can see it stopping at the image above (#5385 in this case), but that number doesn't help if I can't see the image index numbers.

It would be far better for the template to ignore files that are unknown file types.  I'll see what I can do to fix this for the next build.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JimBucksbury

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
It would be far better for the template to ignore files that are unknown file types.  I'll see what I can do to fix this for the next build.

Thanks,

-Kirk

It doesn't appear to be an unknown file type that's causing the problem, I also tried doing a Find, searching filenames for "jpg", which selected images only, and had the same problem. Is there no way for me to see an image's index number?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Jim,

It doesn't appear to be an unknown file type that's causing the problem, I also tried doing a Find, searching filenames for "jpg", which selected images only, and had the same problem. Is there no way for me to see an image's index number?

No.  Index numbers are internal to Photo Mechanic and are not something we want to have users worrying about.

Like I said, fixing it so that selected files that have no metadata are simply ignored will be a better solution going forward.

-Kirk

Offline JimBucksbury

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
Jim,

No.  Index numbers are internal to Photo Mechanic and are not something we want to have users worrying about.

Like I said, fixing it so that selected files that have no metadata are simply ignored will be a better solution going forward.

-Kirk

That would be nice. Any thoughts on how to work around it for now? For example, if index numbers are assigned to images in the order they appear in the contact sheet, I'm willing to scroll down to where the offending image is and de-select it, say by counting the images in each row and then counting rows manually.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Jim,

Could you send me your PM log file?  Contact me privately for an email address and instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk