Author Topic: where do i input the meid number  (Read 12816 times)

Offline philip2446

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
where do i input the meid number
« on: August 18, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
hi

i have the latest version of photomechanic.
i cannot find where i input the meid number

any help would be appreciated

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: where do i input the meid number
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »
Philip,

i have the latest version of photomechanic.
i cannot find where i input the meid number

I have never heard of a 'meid' number.  Perhaps you could define what it is or where I could find out more about it.

Google searches on "meid number" list information relating to mobile phones.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »
If it is the Getty Images MEID number it will go in Title/Object Name: field and the Job ID/Trans Ref: field.
David

Offline philip2446

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 02:48:03 AM »
thanks

just to clarify, meid number has to go in both
the Title/Object Name: field and
the Job ID/Trans Ref: field.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:09:33 AM »
GETTY RELATED
Phiillip,
do you not use GIFT?
Do you manually fill all the metadata in PM and then upload directly to Getty?
(I hate GIFT)
Marc
Marc

Offline fastgrapher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 01:39:16 AM »
you can use PM as well, but you won't have any routing options like in GIFT, so all the routing has be done by the photodesk.
i also don't use GIFT because die MAC version is very buggy, speed is very low and often the ftp uploader hangs.

my workflow is to run gift one time to download the template, then i caption one image with this template. after that i load the image in PhotoMechanic and save the embedded IPTC into a template in PM.

but(!) you have to add *** Local Caption *** (with *) at the end of the Caption field. And after this you have the enter the persons shown (in GIFT theres a add. field for this)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 06:16:34 AM »
you can use PM as well, but you won't have any routing options like in GIFT, so all the routing has be done by the photodesk.
i also don't use GIFT because die MAC version is very buggy, speed is very low and often the ftp uploader hangs.

my workflow is to run gift one time to download the template, then i caption one image with this template. after that i load the image in PhotoMechanic and save the embedded IPTC into a template in PM.

but(!) you have to add *** Local Caption *** (with *) at the end of the Caption field. And after this you have the enter the persons shown (in GIFT theres a add. field for this)

We added a number of Getty Images-specific fields to the IPTC dialogs.  Check out the customization options in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog.  You can enable them in the IPTC Customization dialogs.  They're disabled/hidden by default.

-Kirk

Offline fastgrapher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »

We added a number of Getty Images-specific fields to the IPTC dialogs.  Check out the customization options in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog.  You can enable them in the IPTC Customization dialogs.  They're disabled/hidden by default.

-Kirk

This is f*cking awesome! :D Thank you so much for this! Is this the first version supporting these fields?

Thank you very much for this!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 08:22:30 AM »

This is f*cking awesome! :D Thank you so much for this! Is this the first version supporting these fields?

Yes, it is the first release with the Getty Images fields.  No one should have to use GIFT any longer, unless they like it. ;)

-Kirk

Offline fastgrapher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »

Yes, it is the first release with the Getty Images fields.  No one should have to use GIFT any longer, unless they like it. ;)

-Kirk

8) 8) 8)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »
Wow! Good job Camera Bits!!!
Marc