Author Topic: Ingest error message  (Read 6074 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Ingest error message
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
I'm getting an ingest error of simply "Error copying filename to: filename

I've got plenty of disk space.  Is there a way to find out what the error is?

Thanks!

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Re: Ingest error message
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 03:23:09 PM »
I should add that I'm running PM 5.0.15011 (the latest) on OS X 10.8.5 (not the latest)

As i recall, errors are written to a log file somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
If you go to the Photo Mechanic Help menu then you can click on Reveal Support Data to show the log file.

Are you trying to ingest to an internal or external drive?

It could be a permissions problem with the cache and prefs. Is the program saving any information that you type into the dialogs? For example: if you re-open your ingest dialog are your settings still there such as your Destination Folder or has it reverted back to either a previous entry or the default [blank]?

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
Thanks Brandon...

This is the error from the log file, which repeats once for each image file:

[Tue Nov-05-2013 15:52:45.398][b63a5000][1964416] CachedImage.cpp:1954 Error returned by NRFGetImageInfo("/Volumes/NIKON D4/131027_ted_fh_maryland/_DSC9414.NEF"): 1

I do get successfully ingested images... the error doesn't occur right away, but only after a number of images have been ingested.   It may be worth noting that the card from which I'm ingesting is stuffed full.  Could it be a write error on the card?  I know you have to write to the card to keep track of what's been ingested.

I am ingesting to an external drive.  (I long ago outgrew the internal drives.)  The Ingest dialog saves my settings, and even increases the folder sequence number.

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »
ron,

Do you have any other card readers to test with so we can rule out a failing reader?

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »
Brandon --
the card had some folders at the root level alongside the DCIM folder.  I deleted those, emptied trash, then reingested.  this time the ingest worked perfectly. 

I'm sticking with my theory that the card was out of write space that PM needs to keep track of what was ingested.   

It would be great if a future release of PM would actually specify what the error was, rather than just saying that there was an error.

Yes, I do have another card reader, but I needed to clear this card.  Life goes on, and I couldn't preserve the test variables.