Author Topic: Info Text Change Under Build 15011?  (Read 7681 times)

Offline slewis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Info Text Change Under Build 15011?
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:45:46 AM »
I've just updated to Build 15011, and the info text now appears on one line (as opposed to the list that appeared under previous versions).  When squeezing the info text onto one line, the program also prevents most of the info from being viewed.

I'm on OS X 10.8.5.  I haven't checked yet whether this is also occurring with Mavericks (I will do that later today).

Is this a bug or the intended functionality under the update?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Info Text Change Under Build 15011?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
I've just updated to Build 15011, and the info text now appears on one line (as opposed to the list that appeared under previous versions).  When squeezing the info text onto one line, the program also prevents most of the info from being viewed.

I'm on OS X 10.8.5.  I haven't checked yet whether this is also occurring with Mavericks (I will do that later today).

Is this a bug or the intended functionality under the update?

Where are you seeing this?  Preview?  Info Tooltips?  Post a screen shot if that's easier (JPEG format please.)

-Kirk

Offline slewis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
I'm seeing this when right-clicking on a contact sheet, and then selecting Image Info from the popup menu.  The same thing appears when using the context menu (right click) from the Preview window.  Images of both are attached.

P.S. -- I just checked, and the same behavior is occurring with the latest version of PM5 when used on Mavericks.

P.P.S. -- It's almost as if the Set Info Text aspect no longer recognizes line breaks.  Mine is actually trying to present the following:

Date: {date}
Time: {time}
Latitude: {glat}
Longitude: {glon}
Model: {modl}
Serial #: {snum}
Firmware: {firm}
Frame #: {fnum}
Lens (mm): {lens}
ISO: {iso}
Aperture: {f}
Shutter: {shut}
Exp. Comp.: {comp}
Flash Comp.: {fcmp}
Program: {prgm}
Focus Mode: {fmod}
White Bal.: {baln}
ICC Profile: {icc}
Contrast: {tone}
Sharpening: {shrp}
Quality: {qlty}
Distance: {distance}
Actuations: {actuations}

And it would do this line-by-line.  Now it mashes all of the fields/info into one line.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:26:49 PM by slewis »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »
I'm seeing this when right-clicking on a contact sheet, and then selecting Image Info from the popup menu.  The same thing appears when using the context menu (right click) from the Preview window.  Images of both are attached.

P.S. -- I just checked, and the same behavior is occurring with the latest version of PM5 when used on Mavericks.

P.P.S. -- It's almost as if the Set Info Text aspect no longer recognizes line breaks.  Mine is actually trying to present the following:

Thanks.  I'll fix that for tomorrow's build.

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:14:09 AM »
Since updating to the last build, I have two nasty problems : in the Tasks window, text can't be read as its black on black and anymore white on black and I found the Code Replacement very buggy.Works a minute and stops the next one............Thanks for fixing that in next build. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 05:55:29 AM »
Since updating to the last build, I have two nasty problems : in the Tasks window, text can't be read as its black on black and anymore white on black and I found the Code Replacement very buggy.Works a minute and stops the next one............Thanks for fixing that in next build. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.

I'll look into the black on black text issue, but I'll need more info about the Code Replacement problem.  I can't fix what I can't reproduce.  Please give me a reproducible case.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:58:44 AM »
I just noticed on the slewis screenshot above that the black text bug in the Tasks window is exactly the same on mine computer...........