Author Topic: Camranger and Live Ingest  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Simon Jacobs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Camranger and Live Ingest
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »
Hi,
I want to use a Camranger wirelessly send jpgs to a MacBook Air and have PM name and caption them on a Live Ingest.

However PM tells me that my watched folder is, 'in use by other ingest tasks" Indeed it is, Camranger is sending to it.

Is there any way round this, it doesn't happen on a wired tether as I assume the incoming folder is not being 'watched' in the same way?

Thanks.

SJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Camranger and Live Ingest
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:54 AM »
Simon,

I want to use a Camranger wirelessly send jpgs to a MacBook Air and have PM name and caption them on a Live Ingest.

However PM tells me that my watched folder is, 'in use by other ingest tasks" Indeed it is, Camranger is sending to it.

Is there any way round this, it doesn't happen on a wired tether as I assume the incoming folder is not being 'watched' in the same way?

PM has no knowledge about what Camranger is or what it is doing.  I think you must have a settings issue entirely within Photo Mechanic that is causing the problem.  If you have any other Ingests that are going on then that may be the cause.  Or perhaps you had an earlier Live Ingest still running and haven't cancelled it?

Please post a JPEG screen shot of your settings and the Ingest tasks window and I may be of more assistance.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk