Author Topic: Bug in Autocomplete  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Riton

• View Profile
Bug in Autocomplete
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:33:05 PM »
I just try the new build (15077) : Tasks window contrast is fixed but not the Autocomplete function still not working in the Rename Photos window. As I am using it extensively, its bad news for me......!!!!! I'm on Mavericks 10.9. Thanks in advance for help and fix.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug in Autocomplete
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »
I just try the new build (15077) : Tasks window contrast is fixed but not the Autocomplete function still not working in the Rename Photos window. As I am using it extensively, its bad news for me......!!!!! I'm on Mavericks 10.9. Thanks in advance for help and fix.

We have tried two systems running 10.9 and both of them can Autocomplete in the Rename dialog.  We'll either need more detailed instructions to follow in order to reproduce the problem, or I will need to put more logging into PM and provide an updated version for you and you'll have to spend time with me producing log files and sending them to me to diagnose.

How would you like to proceed?

-Kirk

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi!

I tried it myself on a new and clean install of 10.9 with PM build 15077.
Created a new text-file with a few longer words in. Activated autocompletion, right-clicked a file and selected "Rename photo...".
Started typing the first letters and the suggestion for completion appeared.

Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:21 AM »
Thanks Kirk for the suggestions. I am ready to help you reproduce the problem. I just tried with the new build on an second computer, a MacBook Pro also on 10.9 and I have exactly the same problem :Autocomplete not working and I noticed that even in the IPTC Info for window, its not working either which was not the case in the old build. The first computer is a Mac Pro.

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »
Kirk, I can spend time whenever you want to help you reproduce the problem by the way you think will be the best and efficient one. If you think also that corrupted preferences can be the culprit, please tell me which ones to delete as PM has a lot of prefs in the Preferences folder.