Author Topic: Custom Shortcuts for uploading  (Read 4569 times)

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Custom Shortcuts for uploading
« on: November 12, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
Really like the Photoshelter upload feature  :)

I know that there is a shortcut to the Upload via... however it would be great to be able to have a shortcut or control click option to the different Upload Apps within the Upload window, such as Flickr and Photoshelter, like using the Custom File types to choose different image editors.

Another feature request.

I don't know if it's possible to add an option to set the download permissions, rather than just inheriting the permissions, that would be a real time saver.

As always, thanks for making PM even better.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Custom Shortcuts for uploading
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »
I know that there is a shortcut to the Upload via... however it would be great to be able to have a shortcut or control click option to the different Upload Apps within the Upload window, such as Flickr and Photoshelter, like using the Custom File types to choose different image editors.

I'm not certain I understand your request and how it would help save steps/time?

Another feature request.

I don't know if it's possible to add an option to set the download permissions, rather than just inheriting the permissions, that would be a real time saver.

Is this a PhotoShelter-specific feature?  Please request features for the PhotoShelter upload template directly with PhotoShelter.  They have taken over the development of the PhotoShelter upload template.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:18:06 AM »
Re the Photoshelter template, I'll chat to the PS team as it would be PS specific.

Re: Shortcuts and Custom uploader

In a similar way you can assign custom editors for the Ctl Click flyout.

In the preference pane  -> launching -> Assign Specific Editing App -> Custom Editor No1 -> Choose Application -> Nikon Capture

Then when you Ctl Click a file, you are presented with an Edit with... option which will give you Nikon Capture for example in addition to the default editor, such as Photoshop.

It would be great to have a similar option on the Ctl Click -> Upload...

Rather than launching the Upload page and then having to choose the type of uploader from the drop down, it's more about the small movement from selecting a file and control clicking, moving the pointer a short way or moving it a long way from selecting the file to moving to the drop down, not a massive difference but if it's easy to do, it would help.

On the back of this, using the Custom assign uploader, it then would be easy to have a series of short cuts which would launch the specific custom uploader app, which have been assigned to Custom 1, Custom 2 etc.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

Cheers

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
Kirk,

was that explanation clearer?

And is it possible and if so, do it pique your interest?

Cheers

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »
Ant,

was that explanation clearer?

And is it possible and if so, do it pique your interest?

Yes.  I understand.  Do you change upload templates often?  If you don't then I would guess that you're using the FTP Upload command rather than the more generic Upload command.  The FTP Upload command will always force the upload template to be the FTP template.  The Upload command will use the upload template you used last time you uploaded.  If you're not changing templates often, then use the Upload command and you shouldn't have to manipulate the template popup menu.

-Kirk