Author Topic: Editing Multiple Pictures  (Read 1858 times)

Offline dkm25

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Editing Multiple Pictures
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:43:52 AM »
I just updated to Photoshop Elements 12 and PM 5.0, now that I have updated I can no longer highlight several photos at once and choose the "edit selected photos with" feature.  It opens the program but the photos do not open.  I know I can do drag and drop but that is not as efficient for my workflow.  Working on a 15 inch mac book pro so not a lot of surface space.  I had no issues in Elements 9 and the prior version on PM.  Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Editing Multiple Pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:57 AM »
I just updated to Photoshop Elements 12 and PM 5.0, now that I have updated I can no longer highlight several photos at once and choose the "edit selected photos with" feature.  It opens the program but the photos do not open.  I know I can do drag and drop but that is not as efficient for my workflow.  Working on a 15 inch mac book pro so not a lot of surface space.  I had no issues in Elements 9 and the prior version on PM.  Thanks!

If you try and use Elements 9 instead of Elements 12, does it work properly then?  If you select a number of images in the Finder and right-click on them and choose Open with Photoshop Elements 12 does it accept and open all of the selected images?

-Kirk

Offline dkm25

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »
It works in Elements 9 - always has worked in Elements 9 which is why I was surprised it did not work in Element 12.  It works if I open from finder.  Very odd???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:06:49 AM »
It works in Elements 9 - always has worked in Elements 9 which is why I was surprised it did not work in Element 12.  It works if I open from finder.  Very odd???

I suspect that you have chosen the "application" in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 folder (which isn't the actual application) instead of the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor which is contained in the Support Files folder.  Choose the Editor instead and I think this will fix your problem.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dkm25

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
You are the MAN!!  Worked perfectly, so happy to be back in action!  :D