Author Topic: Thumbnail previews not refreshing  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Thumbnail previews not refreshing
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Hi,
I'm on PM v5.0 build 15077 on a Windows 7 PC.
Since updating to build 15077 I've encountered intermittent problems with the thumbnail previews not refreshing.
I will select a folder from the folder pane and sometimes the displayed thumbnails will update, sometimes they will not. I find I can correct this sometimes by selecting another, totally different folder and then reselecting the folder I want but this isn't always successful. I can always resolve the matter by closing the thumbnail preview tab completely and then selecting the folder anew.
I have PM configured to load previews in to the same tab that's already open by default.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks,
Joel.

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Re: Thumbnail previews not refreshing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
Hi,
I'm on PM v5.0 build 15077 on a Windows 7 PC.
Since updating to build 15077 I've encountered intermittent problems with the thumbnail previews not refreshing.
I will select a folder from the folder pane and sometimes the displayed thumbnails will update, sometimes they will not. I find I can correct this sometimes by selecting another, totally different folder and then reselecting the folder I want but this isn't always successful. I can always resolve the matter by closing the thumbnail preview tab completely and then selecting the folder anew.
I have PM configured to load previews in to the same tab that's already open by default.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks,
Joel.

Just to update on this, I'm experiencing this problem on both my desktop and laptop PCs - both Windows 7 running build 15077.
Anyone else getting this?

Offline Micha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »
What I have noticed since one of the last two PM5-Updates:

When there is a mainfolder with subfolders and I view thumbnails of one or more of the subfolder first and then want to see the tumbnails of the mainfolder, they were not displayed, in no way, I have to close the contact-sheets of the subfolders first and when I click on the mainfolder after that, all tumbnails are visible ... this is a very strange behavoiur, never had this before ... on my Laptop everything is fine (Laptop has the 15011-version)

???

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi Micha,
Yes, that sounds like my experience - am trying a newer build right now so will post with news :)

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »
The test build Kirk (thanks Kirk - very quick response) has given me (15133) seems to resolve the issue on quick testing - I'll update when I've used it for a few days over different computers.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:40 PM »
Joel,

The test build Kirk (thanks Kirk - very quick response) has given me (15133) seems to resolve the issue on quick testing - I'll update when I've used it for a few days over different computers.

Great.  Thanks for testing the fix.

-Kirk

Offline janet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
Hello
I too am having the refresh problem, Windows 7 PM build 15077. Once I click on a subfolder and display those thumbnails and then click on the main folder the main folder thumbnails do not display. The only solution in my case is to close PM, and when I reopen it close the folder tree down to My Computer and renavigate to the required folder. The photos are stored on an internal hard drive separate from my C drive. Never had the problem on previous versions. How's the fix going?
Thanks, Janet

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
Janet,

I too am having the refresh problem, Windows 7 PM build 15077. Once I click on a subfolder and display those thumbnails and then click on the main folder the main folder thumbnails do not display. The only solution in my case is to close PM, and when I reopen it close the folder tree down to My Computer and renavigate to the required folder. The photos are stored on an internal hard drive separate from my C drive. Never had the problem on previous versions. How's the fix going?
Thanks, Janet

Coming soon, but I can get you a non-public release if you want.

-Kirk

Offline janet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »
Thanks very much, Kirk, I can get round it by clicking in the right order so if a fix is coming soon I will wait for that.

Offline Curlymac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:43:15 AM »
I too am having similar problems with PM5 on Windows 7/64. How can I download a fix

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 07:00:08 AM »
I too am having similar problems with PM5 on Windows 7/64. How can I download a fix

None is available right now.  A new build will be coming soon that addresses this issue among other problems.

-Kirk

Offline janet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 02:00:20 AM »
Any news on fixing this problem yet? Still having to delete files via Windows Explorer rather than PM since files don't always show up. Also browsing folder trees with clients is impossible at the moment with PM. Other viewers are available but nothing beats PM when it's working :)