Author Topic: Stationery pad backup?  (Read 1679 times)

Offline juice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationery pad backup?
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
G'day all,

a quick question - is it possible to backup/copy the stationery pad? I'm entering a few different instances for an agency shoot tomorrow, but may not end up on this machine, so I figured I could backup my entries, dropbox them to myself and have them available if needed.

Platform: Win 7

Any ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:32:58 PM by juice »

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationery pad backup?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »
G'day all,

a quick question - is it possible to backup/copy the stationery pad? I'm entering a few different instances for an agency shoot tomorrow, but may not end up on this machine, so I figured I could backup my entries, dropbox them to myself and have them available if needed.

Platform: Win 7

Use the snapshot button (lightning bolt) to save your current IPTC Stationery Pad settings.  Give it a name you'll remember.  With a click or two, you can restore your settings.

-Kirk

Offline juice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »
Ok, super, thanks for that.

And is there a good way to back that set of instructions up, so it can be moved across computers, saved to Dropbox or the like?

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
Ok, super, thanks for that.

And is there a good way to back that set of instructions up, so it can be moved across computers, saved to Dropbox or the like?

Absolutely.  You can use the Export/Import buttons in the Preferences dialog to export to a file that can be transferred to another computer and imported onto that computer.

-Kirk

Offline juice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
And that works a treat! Thanks again for all your help.

(I did search before asking, using the keywords I thought would work, but no joy, so you've done a terrific thing here :-)