Author Topic: IPTC Customization  (Read 2361 times)

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Customization
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
I preset all of my IPTC information for a particular event and then when I caption, I need to fill in: description/caption, headline, keywords and title/object.  I thought that I could uncheck all of the things between keywords and title/object under accessibility and get title/object to appear right after keywords, but have not figured out how to do this.  Please advise.  Tha k you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Customization
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:00:49 AM »
Are you using the IPTC Info dialog that has the scrolling pane of controls?

You can drag and drop the rows of controls in the customization dialog to get the fields in the order you wish to see them.  But the end result will only appear in the new IPTC Info dialog and not the Classic IPTC Info dialog.

-Kirk

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Re: IPTC Customization
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
The problem (well, at least for me) with the new-style IPTC screen is having all the fields in one long list makes it harder to visually check them all very quickly, and sometimes requires scrolling. With the old "classic" style you could easy scan all the fields with your eye quickly.
A possible solution, assuming you see this as a problem which I do but I'm aware others don't, would simply be to allow (optionally) the new-style IPTC dialog to be in two columns like the classic one, thus allowing us to "recreate" something similar to the Classic style. Just my 2c....