Author Topic: RAW+JPEG renaming  (Read 1537 times)

Offline stevierose

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW+JPEG renaming
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
Hello everyone! I am new to PM and new to this forum. I apologize ahead of time if my question has an obvious answer. I tried searching the forums, but did not find an answer. I am running PM Version 5.0, build 15077 (39d4ee2), on a 2011 MacBook Air and a 2011 Mac Mini, both running OS 10.8.5. I sometimes shoot in RAW+JPEG mode. I plan to rename my files during ingest with my name a date and a number sequence. Ideally I would like to end up with the same name for the matching RAW and JPEG files and have them differ only by the file type suffix (.JPG or .CR2 or similar). I don't want the matched RAW and JPEG files to end up with different file numbers. Can PM do this? If so, how do I configure it to do this?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW+JPEG renaming
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Hello everyone! I am new to PM and new to this forum. I apologize ahead of time if my question has an obvious answer. I tried searching the forums, but did not find an answer. I am running PM Version 5.0, build 15077 (39d4ee2), on a 2011 MacBook Air and a 2011 Mac Mini, both running OS 10.8.5. I sometimes shoot in RAW+JPEG mode. I plan to rename my files during ingest with my name a date and a number sequence. Ideally I would like to end up with the same name for the matching RAW and JPEG files and have them differ only by the file type suffix (.JPG or .CR2 or similar). I don't want the matched RAW and JPEG files to end up with different file numbers. Can PM do this? If so, how do I configure it to do this?

Yes, and you don't have to configure anything.  It's just the way PM works.  PM will treat a RAW and JPEG file as a single item when renaming.

-Kirk

Offline stevierose

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: RAW+JPEG renaming
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
Thanks! Before I read your response I figured it out for myself. Sorry to have bothered you and thanks for putting up with a newbie!