Author Topic: PM5 has become very slow  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Alejadnro J Garza

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5 has become very slow
« on: December 07, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »
Not sure what happened.  Maybe when upgrading to build 15077 or upgrading to OS X 10.9, but now the browsing operation is very slow.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9 --  PM 5.0 Build 15077
2 Ghz Intel Core i7, Memory 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

The application WAS very fast.  Now it takes about 2 secs to select an image, from 4 to 6 secs to open an image in preview (50% to open , 50% to sharpen); in preview mode takes about 4 secs to advance to ned image.

I did the upgrade to OS X 10.9 and to build 15077 a coupe of weeks ago and since then the application has been very slow. I tried resetting the cache but nothing change. I don´t remember which I updated first OS X or PM 5.0 build 15077 .

The slide shows run very well, very fast.

What can I do to recover the speed?
Alejandro Garza
Monterrey, Mexico
Nikon D700, PM, Capture NX2, IDImager PS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 has become very slow
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
Not sure what happened.  Maybe when upgrading to build 15077 or upgrading to OS X 10.9, but now the browsing operation is very slow.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9 --  PM 5.0 Build 15077
2 Ghz Intel Core i7, Memory 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

The application WAS very fast.  Now it takes about 2 secs to select an image, from 4 to 6 secs to open an image in preview (50% to open , 50% to sharpen); in preview mode takes about 4 secs to advance to ned image.

I did the upgrade to OS X 10.9 and to build 15077 a coupe of weeks ago and since then the application has been very slow. I tried resetting the cache but nothing change. I don´t remember which I updated first OS X or PM 5.0 build 15077 .

The slide shows run very well, very fast.

What can I do to recover the speed?

I don't have any type of "change this setting and all will be great" advice for your issue.  Where are the images stored?  What type of images are you working with?  Are you rendering RAW or using the embedded previews?

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »
I have my images in a separate disk on myMac  (two disks on my Mac -- solid state 256 GB and a 600GB where I have all my images  --  I also use several external disks.  I work with RAW using embedded previews and also JPEGS  --- 

Alejandro Garza
Monterrey, Mexico

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
I have my images in a separate disk on myMac  (two disks on my Mac -- solid state 256 GB and a 600GB where I have all my images  --  I also use several external disks.  I work with RAW using embedded previews and also JPEGS  ---

Hmm.  Have you checked your disk for any problems with the Disk Utility?

You could always try reverting to an older build like 13915 which you can find in the Announcements section of the forum.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
I reverted to build 13915 and it is working VERY WELL. 

Alejandro Garza
Monterrey, Mexico