Author Topic: Skipping ingest of INDEX.BDM, MOVIEOBJ.BDM  (Read 6710 times)

Offline jrp

• View Profile
Skipping ingest of INDEX.BDM, MOVIEOBJ.BDM
« on: December 07, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »
When ingesting from cards used in Sony cameras these files are also ingested.  How do I get Photo Mechanic to ignore them?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Skipping ingest of INDEX.BDM, MOVIEOBJ.BDM
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »
When ingesting from cards used in Sony cameras these files are also ingested.  How do I get Photo Mechanic to ignore them?

You can't modify what PM ingests.  Are these files unneeded?  Are they not useful in any way?  What are they used for?

-Kirk

Offline jrp

• View Profile
Re: Skipping ingest of INDEX.BDM, MOVIEOBJ.BDM
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
Apparently they are "Disc information file created by AVHCD video recordings; contains information about the file contents in a specific directory; commonly seen as index.bdm and movieobj.bdm; located in the AVCHD/BDMV directory of a media storage device."   They are created when the card is formatted.  I don't need them since I don't use the video mode.

Since I get Photo Mechanic to put my ingested files into folders that contain the date that the picture was taken, I get folders containing only these files named with the date that the card was formatted.  They are a pain, because they need admin permissions to delete and can't seem to be deleted over the network.