Author Topic: FTP Failed all attempts to rename file.350 requested file action pending...  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Photopyle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,
 I freelance for the local paper and their FTP info changed. After updating the FTP info, I can't upload. I get the following error.

FTP   Failed all attempts to rename file. 350 requested file action pending further information

I have tried deleting the connection entry and adding it all from scratch with no luck. Others at the paper use PM and aren't having any problems. Any ideas how to fix it? I have a couple assignments this afternoon and would love to get this working asap!

Photo Mechanic V.5.0 Build 15077
Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit
2.3GHz i7 CPU
16GB RAM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I freelance for the local paper and their FTP info changed. After updating the FTP info, I can't upload. I get the following error.

FTP   Failed all attempts to rename file. 350 requested file action pending further information

I have tried deleting the connection entry and adding it all from scratch with no luck. Others at the paper use PM and aren't having any problems. Any ideas how to fix it? I have a couple assignments this afternoon and would love to get this working asap!

Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit
2.3GHz i7 CPU
16GB RAM

Do you all share the same login?  If not, then perhaps your account hasn't been updated by the Admin correctly.

-Kirk

Offline Photopyle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Yes it is a shared login. I used Filezilla yesterday to complete my assignments and it worked fine. For some reason I just can't FTP from PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Yes it is a shared login. I used Filezilla yesterday to complete my assignments and it worked fine. For some reason I just can't FTP from PM.

What version of PM are your co-workers using?

-Kirk

Offline Photopyle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit
2.3GHz i7 CPU
16GB RAM

I am a freelancer so I don't know exactly what the staffers at the papers use. I do know they are Mac and use PM.

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
Photopyle,

Try setting the option in the FTP Dialog "If file already exists on server" to "Rename file before uploading"

Offline Photopyle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Interesting, I will try that when I get home. I am out until around 6:30 CST. Will report back then. Thanks :)

Offline Photopyle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I just checked and I already had that select so that isn't it. Thanks though, I was hoping that was it.

Offline Brandon

• View Profile
If they changed their ftp info then it's possible they've also changed some things on their end that won't allow you to rename files on the server anymore. Try renaming your files before uploading.