Author Topic: Exporting to Lightroom  (Read 2156 times)

Offline amandasimagery

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting to Lightroom
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Hello,

I am running the most recent version of Photo mechanic.  I am unsure how to tell you which OS version I am using.  Where can I find that information.  I don't think it will have much to do with my question. 

I am wondering ...  I did as directed when first opening Photo mechanic and opened a contact sheet from the options on the left.  I did not do file-> ingest.  I ranked and cropped 800 phtoos in the contact sheet and then tried to export the photos to lightroom via command-E

But none of the photos will show as options to import to lightroom.  They have been imported to LR before.  Is there a setting or anything I can do to fix this?  I am guessing its because I did not originally ingest the files??  Can I still save all the work I did and import to LR5?  Please help!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exporting to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
I am running the most recent version of Photo mechanic.  I am unsure how to tell you which OS version I am using.  Where can I find that information.  I don't think it will have much to do with my question. 

I am wondering ...  I did as directed when first opening Photo mechanic and opened a contact sheet from the options on the left.  I did not do file-> ingest.  I ranked and cropped 800 phtoos in the contact sheet and then tried to export the photos to lightroom via command-E

But none of the photos will show as options to import to lightroom.  They have been imported to LR before.  Is there a setting or anything I can do to fix this?  I am guessing its because I did not originally ingest the files??  Can I still save all the work I did and import to LR5?  Please help!!!

No exporting needs to be done.  Photo Mechanic does not store your photos in any proprietary way.  When you're done editing in Photo Mechanic and you've worked on images that have already been imported into Lightroom, you just need to tell Lightroom to read the updated metadata.  Look for the load options on the Metadata menu in Lightroom.

When Lightroom reads the updated metadata from the XMP sidecar files, it will update its internal database to match the metadata contained within the XMP sidecar files (or the embedded metadata in JPEGs, TIFFs, DNGs, PSDs, etc.)

-Kirk