Author Topic: PM 5 x Maverick  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
PM 5 x Maverick
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:03:47 AM »
Hi,
I have not upgraded to Maverick yet for fear of problems with PM5 (slowing down processes).
I would appreciate to receive feedback as to whether you still find problems with this or it is not an issue anymore.
TIA,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: PM 5 x Maverick
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »
Hi Luiz,

The only problem I (still) encounter with Mavericks are the random freezes when opening a folder. Is is a problem that is not only related to PM and happens everywhere. Yes, it's annoying, but not bad enough to stop you from upgrading (I think)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:52:43 AM »
fully agree with Hayo on this
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »
Luiz,

I have not upgraded to Maverick yet for fear of problems with PM5 (slowing down processes).
I would appreciate to receive feedback as to whether you still find problems with this or it is not an issue anymore.

What does Mavericks offer you that compels you to upgrade?  Does your current OS lack something essential?  Is there some application that you want that requires 10.9?

In my case I still have to support 10.6 (we'll drop support for it at some point and only support 10.7+) so I actually still live and develop on 10.6.  I use all of the newer OS versions from time-to-time but find that most of the changes don't do much for me personally.  Some of the changes I actually dislike, but that's progress I guess. ;)

Upgrading the OS that you live on can be very painful and upgrading to one that is as new as 10.9 can be perilous.

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:57:54 AM »
Right, Kirk!

10.6 for ever!!!

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »
Luiz,

What does Mavericks offer you that compels you to upgrade?  Does your current OS lack something essential?  Is there some application that you want that requires 10.9?

In my case I still have to support 10.6 (we'll drop support for it at some point and only support 10.7+) so I actually still live and develop on 10.6.  I use all of the newer OS versions from time-to-time but find that most of the changes don't do much for me personally.  Some of the changes I actually dislike, but that's progress I guess. ;)

Upgrading the OS that you live on can be very painful and upgrading to one that is as new as 10.9 can be perilous.

-Kirk

Thanks, Kirk, for your quick reply and for the word of advice.
I think I will stick to my 10.8 for the moment. I really don't need the upgrade.
Best regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

P.S. Thanks Hayo and Sven for your replies too. What I can gather from your answers is that there are still problems ocurring but not specifically connected to the use of PM...what is definetely a good thing to know.