Author Topic: Viewing RAW files  (Read 3516 times)

Offline jshrader

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Viewing RAW files
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:53:18 AM »
Is there any way to preview a full-resolution RAW file (Nikon .nef) in the preview mode? ... rather than viewing the embedded jpeg...which pixelates too much for what I'm trying to do :)

Using latest version of PM + Windows XP...

Thanks!

Joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Viewing RAW files
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »
Joe,

Is there any way to preview a full-resolution RAW file (Nikon .nef) in the preview mode? ... rather than viewing the embedded jpeg...which pixelates too much for what I'm trying to do :)

Using latest version of PM + Windows XP...

Not without increasing the resolution of the embedded preview.  You can do this with Nikon's NPrevCreator3 tool which can batch generate previews at a variety of resolutions.  It is likely that you already have the tool installed on your system.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jshrader

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing RAW files
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply Kirk -

Yep, I've run into the NPrevCreator3 tool before - my problem is that I'm using PM to code images with data one at a time, and doing it to (sometimes) 3k to 5k images .... running another piece of software in our workflow won't work - just too time consuming - I'll just have to deal w/ the small jpegs...

I thought I had heard that you could do a RAW preview w/ PM - just didn't realize you couldn't do it in Windows :)

Take care!

Joe